Principal's Welcome Back Message
Welcome Back! Partnering for a Successful School Year
Dear RSHS Tiger Parents,
I hope this message finds you well and that you and your family had a rejuvenating summer break. As we embark on a new academic year, I wanted to extend a warm welcome to all our high school families and express my excitement for the incredible journey ahead.
At Rock Springs High School, we firmly believe that parents and learning facilitators (teachers) are partners in supporting your child's growth, development, and academic success. Your involvement, support, and collaboration play a pivotal role in creating a nurturing and successful learning environment for our learners.
Our school has adopted an approach to learning called Personalized Mastery. We are emphasizing the focus on the learning experience to ensure each learner graduates proficient on the Wyoming standards necessary to be successful in life. To this end, we will be focusing our attention to ensure no student fails his/her classes based on these standards.
- Our classroom learning facilitators will be working with your child, setting and monitoring goals to involve them in the support of their learning.
- We also have added interventionists and graduation coaches and revised the focus of Power Hour to work one-on-one to ensure each learner’s success.
- Our eligibility criteria has been changed to assure our student-athletes are passing all their classes in order to play.
These raised expectations and support systems will assist our learners to develop the needed skills and knowledge to contribute to making Rock Springs a thriving community!
For the 2023-2024 school year, the learning facilitators have drafted a new Vision and Mission Statement. We are looking for feedback from our community on these statements and will be seeking feedback in future meetings and events. The vision and mission are below:
RSHS/RSSHS VISION STATEMENT
RSHS is a supportive community where all learners’ interests contribute to a challenging, inclusive, learning environment and learners graduate prepared for their post-secondary adventures.
RSHS/RSSHS MISSION STATEMENT
We at RSHS/RSSHS:
Take time to build relationships
Initiate positive communication
Give opportunities and honest feedback
Encourage critical thinking and relevancy
Reward integrity, character, and accountability
Support a safe environment
“LEARNING, CONTRIBUTING, GRADUATING TO CHANGE THE WORLD- RSHS TIGERS”
Here are a few important points I would like to share with you as we begin this school year:
- -Open Communication: Effective two-way communication is essential for a strong partnership. We encourage you to reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or ideas you may have. Our doors are always open, and we value your feedback. Together, we can address any challenges and celebrate your child's accomplishments.
- -Open House: 2023-2024
- Seniors: Monday, August 14, 2023, 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Juniors: Monday, August 14, 2023, 10:00 - 12:00 p.m.
- Sophomores: Monday, August 14, 2023, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- New Student/Freshmen: Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 10:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- All Rock Springs High School and Satellite Campus Students will pick up their schedules at RSHS
- Monday, August 14th, 2023, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Rock Springs High School Satellite Campus Open House
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 10:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Freshman Orientation
- Tuesday, August 15th, 2023, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Rock Springs High School Open House
- -Parent-Teacher Conferences: These conferences have been scheduled for October 19th in the evening and October 20th in the morning. These conferences can provide you with valuable insights into your child's academic progress, strengths, and areas for growth. These conferences are an opportunity for open dialogue, goal-setting, and collaboration. We encourage your active participation in these meetings to ensure your child receives the best possible support. Please realize that you do not need to wait for conferences, if you have concerns please contact your learner's facilitator to set up a meeting.
- -Student Support Services: Our dedicated team of counselors, advisors, and support staff is here to assist your child in their academic, social, and emotional journey. Should you have any concerns regarding your child's well-being or specific needs, please do not hesitate to contact our student support services team. We are committed to fostering a safe and inclusive environment for all students.
- The Counselors for this year are:
- Stephanie Sitsler: firstname.lastname@example.org: 352-3440 extension 4533
- Students with last names: A-E
- Tyson Gillies: email@example.com: 352-3440 extension 4576
- Students with last names: F-J
- Stacee Hanson: firstname.lastname@example.org: 352-3440 extension 4530
- Students with last names: K-Ri
- Debbie Petrie Bullock: email@example.com: 352-3440 extension: 4531
- Students with last names: Ro-Z
- The SPED Social Workers for this year:
- Andrea Schuck: firstname.lastname@example.org: 352-3440 extension 4590
- SPED students in 9th grade and 12th grade
- Rhonda Hood: email@example.com: 352-3440 extension 4534
- SPED students in 10th grade and 11th grade
- Sarah Grim: firstname.lastname@example.org: 352-3440 extension 4578
-Schedules: Our counselors are working hard to ensure your schedule is set for the first day of school. There may be some little changes as we finalize and balance out some classes. Please log into Power School the day before school starts to access your most up-to-date schedule. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your child’s counselor listed above. For those of you that have emailed me, your message has been passed on to the counselors.
- -Stay Informed: We will provide regular updates on school events, important dates, curriculum information, and other relevant announcements. Please make sure to regularly check our school website, Facebook page, newsletters, and online portals for the latest updates.
- -Volunteering and Involvement: We highly appreciate and value the involvement of parents in our school community. Whether it is volunteering during the school day or for school events, joining the Parent Involvement Team, or supporting extracurricular activities, your participation is invaluable. We encourage you to explore the various opportunities available to get involved and contribute to the vibrant tapestry of our school community.
The first opportunity to get involved is our first Parent Involvement Team (PIT CREW) meeting of the year! We encourage you to attend on August 8th at 6:00 in the school library. These meetings can provide valuable information and provide you a voice in the focus of RSHS. It will equip you with tools and insights to support your child's education.
As we begin this new academic year, let's foster a strong sense of collaboration, trust, and shared responsibility. Together, we can create a positive and enriching educational experience for your child and all our learners.
I am excited to work alongside you and our dedicated facilitators to ensure this school year is filled with growth, success, and memorable moments. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time with your questions or concerns. We are here to support you and your child every step of the way.
Once again, welcome back to Rock Springs High School and Rock Springs Satellite School.
Let's make this year a remarkable one for our learners!
Glen A. Suppes email@example.com
“LEARNING, CONTRIBUTING, GRADUATING
TO CHANGE THE WORLD- RSHS TIGERS”
- S. Below you will find a list of important events through the month of August.
August 2023 Important Dates:
August 2nd: Fall Sports meeting in the auditorium starting at 6:30 pm
August 3rd: Junior High Fall Sports Meeting at 6:00 pm
August 7th: First Practice for Football, Tennis, and Golf
August 8th: First PIT meeting in the library 6:00-7:00 pm
August 10th: All teachers return to Building
August 11: All teacher's Professional Development 8:00-12:00 in Auditorium
August 14th: First Practice Cross Country, Girls Swim and Volleyball
August 14th: Student registration/ School Pictures
Sophomores: 1:00-3:00 pm
Juniors: 10:00-12:00 pm
Seniors: 8:00-10:00 am
( If your student has practice, they can come as soon as practice is over)
August 14th: Rock Springs Satellite High School Open House 5:00-7:00 pm
August 15th: Freshmen Orientation Day 10:00 am-2:00 pm
August 15th New Student Registration 10:00-2:00 pm
August 15th: Home Tennis versus Campbell County and Thunder Basin
August 15th: Rock Springs High School Open House 5:00-7:00 pm
August 16th: First Day of School, “A” day all odd classes, School Colors Spirit Day
August 19th: Foundation Golf Tournament
August 24th: Tiger Town Bash Parade and Pep Rally at Bunning Park
August 25th First Home Football Game vs. Kelly Walsh,
Tennis home versus Natrona County and Kelly Walsh
August 26th Staff Professional Development Day
August 26th: Home Tennis versus Rawlins
September 9th: National ACT test at RSHS
September 8th: Football Game vs Campbell County
Tennis home vs Central and East
September 15th -16th: State Golf in Sheridan
September 20th: Career Fair at RSHS from 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
September 21st, 22nd, 23rd State Tennis in Gillette
September 25th -30th: Homecoming Week