Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Announcements for February 15, 2019
PB & J
ACT Word of the Day
famished (adj.): extremely hungry
Though many people experience hunger, few ever understand what it is like to truly be famished.
- Congratulations to our Invested Students of the month, Janae Ramirez and Shane Ramsey!
- Spring Drivers Ed packets are available in the office or see Mr. Bath for a packet or more information.
- Attention, RSHS Students! Students, it is time for Winter sports events to get underway! The WHSAA "Join the Ride" student council committee at RSHS would like to invite students to participate in the first ever t-shirt event rally season. Students can purchase orange rally t-shirts for $5 from Mr. Taylor in Room 410! By purchasing a shirt you get in free and you automatically get signed up at the gate at events for special offers. Plus, you are automatically registered for a final major drawing at the end of the winter season! Every time a student attends an RSHS sporting event with their rally shirt will automatically be signed up for the final drawing, the more events you attend the better the chances are of winning. Students in orange shirts are strongly encouraged to sit in the preferred student section of the gymnasium. Supplies of t-shirts are limited so come in soon, once shirts are sold out more will be ordered. GO TIGERS and remember to "Join the Ride"!"
- Yearbooks are on sale for $70. See Ms. Beitel in room 305 to get yours before it’s too late to order!
Seniors: Here are a few dates that you need to take notes from! Give them to Ms. Beitel. Senior Baby ads are due March 1st. Senior Photo for the Rocket Miner is due March 22nd.
The final day to order yearbooks will be April 13th!
- The University of Wyoming will be offering an Engineering Summer Program on June 16-22. It is for current high school JUNIORS. It is a hands-on exploration of the diverse fields of engineering. This unique opportunity offers a chance for students to work with university faculty and graduate students, and to learn about their experiences as engineers. So, if you are interested in improving the quality of life for people and the environment around the world, the 2019 Engineering Summer Program at UW is for you! You may contact Teddi Freedman, Senior Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or get registration information atwww.uwyo.edu/ceas. See Mrs. Phillips if you have any questions.
- Utah State University will be offering an Engineering State Program on campus June 3 – 6. The program is sponsored by USU engineering alumni, engineering firms, and industry. All high school juniors who are university bound, with a high interest in math and science, and interested in engineering or computer science as a possible field of study, should apply. The application deadline is February 28. Interested students may go to their website to complete the online application: http://estate.usu.edu. Please see Mrs. Phillips if you need additional information.
- Seniors: Check the School home page for the foundation application scholarships. Deadline will be March 29th!
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS CAN BE FOUND ON THE RSHS SCHOLARSHIP PAGE!
- The application process is now open for the WACE National Co-Op Scholarship Program. To qualify for this scholarship, students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale), apply for admission for the 2019-2020 academic year at the institutions selected on the scholarship application, and meet other merit scholarship criteria established by the institution selected on the the scholarship application, and meet other merit scholarship criteria established by the institution selected on the application. The WACE National Co-Op Scholarship Program partners with the following institutions Clarkson University, Drexel University, Johnson & Wales University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York OSWEGO, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati and Wentworth Institute. If you are applying to any of these schools and are interested in applying for this scholarship program, please stop by the Counseling Office to pick up an informational sheet. Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2019.
There will be Study Hall for all sports and activities. See your Coach for a time and place.