Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Announcements for April 18, 2019
Chicken Tenders, Big Daddy’s Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Chef Salad, Fresh Sub Station or a PB & J
ACT Word of the Day
mellifluous (adj): pleasing to the ear; flowing in nature
At night the stream outside our cabin makes a mellifluous sound that is very peaceful to our ears.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: Summer Community Connections packets are available in the office. Make sure you turn them in as soon as possible to secure your spot!
- Seniors: In order to register for Fall classes at WWCC, graduating seniors need to:
1) Apply for admission, and request transcripts to be sent to WWCC
2) Make an advising appointment with Mustang Success – 307-382-1660
They will not be able to register themselves online until they have met with an advisor.
- Still looking for Josten’s merchandise? Go to www.jostens.com/contact to see if they have what you want.
- Yearbooks are on sale for $70. See Ms. Beitel in room 305 to get yours before it’s too late to order!
The final day to order yearbooks will be April 13th!
The University of Wyoming will be offering a Summer Bridge program from July 27 – August 23. This program is designed for students whose ACT math scores don’t qualify them to start college in a math course appropriate for their major. If you scored between a 17 and 24 on the math portion of your ACT, this may be a program for you. It is comprised of a computer-based, self-directed math course as well as a first year seminar. Additional courses and activities are also planned. Once the program concludes, students will have the opportunity to move into their permanent residences early, avoiding the stress and chaos of the campus-wide move in day. The website for this summer program can be found at www.uwyo.edu/summerbridge and has more information as well as a link to the application. See Mrs. Phillips if you have questions or need any additional information.
- Duke University (Durham, NC) is offering a summer session of enriching opportunities for high school students. If you are interested in improving your college application and go to college while still in high school, the Duke Summer Session may be for you. They are committed to providing high school students with the opportunity to be a college student over the summer at one of the world’s premier universities. Students will not only have the authentic college experience of living in Duke University’s dorms and taking credit-bearing classes alongside undergraduate students, but also the opportunity to accompany your college application with a letter of recommendation from a Duke instructor and transcript from Duke University – two substantive indicators that you have what it takes to thrive in an elite academic setting. See Mrs. Phillips for information on the application process.
- The representative from WWCC will be able to return on Wednesday, April 24 from 10 – 11am in the Counseling Office.
- The Education Opportunity Center representative will be here on Tuesday, April 16 from 10 am – 12 pm in the Counseling Office if anyone is still needing assistance with filing your FAFSA.
- If you are planning to take a class at WWCC next fall, please see your counselor to begin the registration process.
SENIORS: Looking for money for college next year? Check out the counseling office web page for scholarships! New scholarships are being posted all the time! Don’t know how to access the counseling web page? Talk to your counselor so that you don’t miss out on scholarship opportunities!!
SCHOLARSHIPS CAN BE FOUND ON THE RSHS SCHOLARSHIP PAGE
- Seniors: Check the School home page for the foundation application scholarships. Deadline will be March 29th!
- There will be Study Hall for all sports and activities. See your Coach for a time and place.