Announcements for February 15, 2018
Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Corn Dog, Chicken Nuggets, Pepperoni Pizza Ripper or a PB & J
ACT Word of the Day
imperious (adj.): assuming power or authority without justification; arrogant and domineering
The A-list actress has an imperious air and assumes everyone will heed her every whim.
Spring Drivers Ed packets are now available in the office. See Mr. Bath for questions!
- Yearbooks are on sale for only a short while longer. During Make-A-Wish, 5% of all yearbooks sold will be donated to the RSHS yearbook fund. Guarantee that you get a yearbook and support a great cause. Yearbooks are $70 and can be purchased in the office or in Room 305.
- Seniors: if you would like a photo turned in to the Rocket Miner that is DIFFERENT than the one you submitted for the yearbook, please send it to Ms. Beitel by March 30th.
- Seniors: baby ads are DUE March 2nd (LESS THAN A MONTH!) Tell your family/parents to go online to build the perfect graduation gift. Baby ads are $50 and printed in color. See Ms. Beitel in room 305 for details.
- All Winter Senior Athletes, please turn in your senior recognition form to Dena ASAP! If you need a form, please get one in the office.
- The Sadie Hawkins dance has been postponed. The new date for the dance is March 24th. Any questions see Mrs. Beardsley in room 320.
- Donate leashes, collars, and toys for the Red Desert Humane Society. Boxes will be in Mrs. Rubich’s room (325) or in the main hall.
- Students that want to wear a hat in class and in hallways…now can! All you have to do is pay a dollar at the front desk from 7 to 7:45. All profits will go to the American Heart Association.
- We are reaching out to you to let you know of some recent changes with our check in and check out procedures. You must Check out on the front desk computer or your absence will not be counted! If you leave the building without a call in from a parent during school hours you will be ticketed for daytime curfew violation.
- JUNIOR BOYS: The American Legion, Department of Wyoming, is pleased to announce the Wyoming Boys’ State session, which will be held June 2 – 8, 2018, in Douglas. The program is open to any Junior boy who is in good standing at school, shows exceptional character and an interest in government. Applications are available on line at wyoboysstate.org. Please print a copy of your application and bring it in to Mrs. Phillips for consideration by the local American Legion post. If you have any questions, you may contact Joel Defebaugh, Director at (307) 228-0515 or email him at email@example.com.
- JUNIOR GIRLS: Girls State will be held in Cheyenne on June 10 – 16, 2018. Applicants should exhibit an interest in government, leadership abilities, honesty, character, the ability to cooperate with others, scholarship and community participation/service, and a willingness to obey the rules. Applications are now available from Mrs. Phillips in the Counseling Office. Deadline date for applications is TODAY, February 15th.
- A representative from Chadron State College will be here on Tuesday, February 20 at 9:00 am in the Counseling Office for those of you that may be planning to attend CSC next Fall. Please plan to stop by to speak with him if you have any questions or concerns.
Seniors: Check for available scholarships on the rack in front of the counselors office and also with Mrs. McFarlane daily as new scholarships pop up everyday and most of them have deadlines to pay attention to.
Montana State University
|Information packets available in folder on the carrousel|
National Co-Op Scholarship
Co-Op Scholarships are for nine specific institutions. Please see the brochure in the counseling office.
|February 15, 2018|
College of New Jersey
|Out of State Applications Waivers available|
Wyoming Trucking Association will award the scholarship to:
office procedures and management safety
and truck driving
|Deadline to file is February 26,2018|
Wells Fargo Five Steps For Paying for College: Book is available in the counseling department.
- Tiger Paws are now on sale. Come get yours in Mrs. Petrie-Bullock’s room (421) or you can buy one at any of the games.
- There will be Study Hall for all Sports and Activities on Mondays from 2:30 to 3:20. See your Coach for a place.