Announcements for February 23, 2017
Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Bagel, Cheeseburger or French Bread Pizza
ACT Word of the Day
nadir (n.): the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization
Since the relationship between the two warring nations has reached its nadir, world leaders are greatly concerned about the risk of nuclear war.
We are reaching out to you to let you know of some recent changes with our check in and check out procedures. With these changes comes greater accountability in our ability to know where your student(s) are at.We now need all students to check in and out at the front desk with the checkout computer and have the check outs be verified by the front desk attendant.
- Spring Drivers Education Packets Available in the office or see Mr. Bath.
- Students, don’t forget to download the free ReplayIt App. Use the password rshstigers, and upload pictures from sports events, dances and any other school activities you are a part of. Your picture could end up in the yearbook.
FCA (Fellow of Christian Athletes) will be meeting every Wednesday morning from 7:00 am to 7:35 in the pool mezzanine area. Please come join us!
Want to volunteer, be involved and have fun?! Come join Key Club. See Mr. Varley in room 448.
The price of Yearbooks are now $65 but you can order online for the cheaper price by going to www.jostensyearbooks.com.
- A representative from the University of Wyoming will be here on Tuesday, March 7 to speak with students who are interested in attending next fall. She will be in the counseling office during CCR to answer your questions about their institution.
- SENIORS: WWCC will be sponsoring Senior Day at the Rock Springs campus on Wednesday, March 22 from 9:30 – 1:00. Preregister to attend at westernwyoming.edu/seniorday. See your counselor of record if you need additional information.
The White Mountain Lions Scholarship is now available to RSHS seniors. The application is available in the scholarship carousel.
- Seniors: The following scholarships are now available. If you are interested, please see the scholarship rack outside the counseling center:
Montana State Non-Resident Scholarship
Latino Heritage Scholarship: Due Date Varies
Wyoming Trucking Association: Due Feb. 27, 2017
Wyoming Game Wardens Association: Due March 1, 2017
Sweetwater One Foundation Stepping Stones Scholarships: Due March 3, 2017
Kaiser Foundation Scholarship: Due March 10, 2017
WAESS Student Scholarship: Due March 13, 2017
Jurich Scholarship: Due March 17, 2017
*NEW* Glen Legler Memorial Scholarship: Due May 15, 2017
It is very important for Seniors planning on continuing your education to check the racks outside of the counseling center for new scholarships on a weekly basis! Any questions? See your counselor!
- Attentions Students: Do you want to play Chess, Checkers or Hacky Sac and listen to music? Stop by room 447, Ms. Nutt’s room for some intramural fun on Thursdays after school.
- There will be Study Hall for all Sports and Activities on Mondays from 2:30 to 3:20. See your Coach for a place.
- The After School Program will be every Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday until May from 3 to 4:45.