Announcements for December 14, 2017
Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Hamburger, Chicken Nuggets, Pizza or PB & J
ACT Word of the Day
querulous (adj.): complaining in a petulant or whining manner
The querulous boy made grocery shopping very unpleasant for his mother.
- Any Hockey players: If you have photos from any of your games or practice, please get them to Ms. Beitel for the yearbook!
Night School will be offered all this week and the last day for after school/night school will be December 19th. Night school will be offered until 7:30 p.m during this time.
- College text books are now due. Please return them to the ALC.
- Would you like to get your friends or a teacher a singing gram? You can buy one during lunches now thru December 15th and the singing gram will be delivered on Monday December 18th.
- You can buy raffle tickets for a basket raffle. The baskets will include two free movie tickets, Free subs and more. See Tania or Johnny in the main hall after school to support epilepsy and for more info.
- Attention dancer, singer, and actors. The RSHS Theater Department would like to invite you to audition for the Spring Musical “Legally Blonde”. Auditions are December 19th. Come to the theater for more information.
Sweetwater County School District #1 Young Author Contest Wants You! Please submit your poem or story to the Young Author contest! The deadline for entries is February 1, 2018. First through third place winners are recognized at a celebration on February 21, 2018 and go on to compete at a county level. Those participants are recognized on March 14, 2018. Students in grades K-12 can submit multiple entries in Poetry, Non-Fiction, or Fiction. Entries should be submitted to Tammy Macy at the Central Administration Building. You may submit your entries at any time. Early entries are appreciated.
- Students, it's time to register for 2nd semester classes at WWCC. See your counselor to set this process up for you!
- Donate leashes, collars, and toys for the Red Desert Humane Society. Boxes will be in Mrs. Rubich’s room (325) or in the main hall.
- Students that want to wear a hat in class and in hallways…now can! All you have to do is pay a dollar at the front desk from 7 to 7:45. All profits will go to the American Heart Association.
- Seniors!! Senior pictures and Quotes are due for the yearbook Friday, January 19th, 2018. Please submit an electronic copy of your photo to Ms. Beitel in room 305 by this date. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!. If you are emailing your photo, please include student’s first & last name & “senior photo” in the subject line of the email. If we do not receive a student’s portrait, we will use your student ID photo. Yearbook staff reserves the right to deny a quote or picture. Please limit quotes to one or two short sentences. Senior baby ads are available for purchase in the yearbook now!! Senior baby ads are $50. Please go to jostens.com/yearbooks, search Rock Springs High School, select “Order a Student Ad”. Upload pictures and design your ad for your senior. All Senior baby ads are on quarter of a page and in full color. Please contact Ms. Beitel with questions.
- We are reaching out to you to let you know of some recent changes with our check in and check out procedures. You must Check out on the front desk computer or your absence will not be counted! If you leave the building without a call in from a parent during school hours you will be ticketed for daytime curfew violation.
SOPHOMORES: The University of Wyoming is seeking participants for the UW Summer High School Institute. It is for scholars from all over the state of Wyoming to come together on the UW campus for three weeks to experience college life. Students will take college classes, stay in the residence halls, participate in community service, and attend events both on and off campus. Students are selected on the basis of their creativity, imagination, curiosity, initiative, and enthusiasm about learning. You may pick up an application from Mrs. Phillips in the Counseling Office or apply online at www.uwyo.edu/hsi/. Handwritten applications are due back to the Counseling office prior to Monday, December 18, 2017 and online applications are due back to UW by Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Seniors: Check for available scholarships on the rack in front of the counselors office and also with Mrs. McFarlane daily as new scholarships pop up everyday and most of them have deadlines to pay attention to.
Want to be a German Exchange Student? There is a scholarship posted outside the counseling center.
|December 17, 2017|
Montana State University
|Information packets available in folder on the carrousel|
National Co-Op Scholarship
Co-Op Scholarships are for nine specific institutions. Please see the brochure in the counseling office.
|February 15, 2018|
College of New Jersey
|Out of State Applications Waivers available|
University of Dayton Leadership in Service Scholarship
Wyoming Trucking Association will award the scholarship to:
office procedures and management safety
and truck driving
|Deadline to file is February 26,2018|
Wells Fargo Five Steps For Paying for College: Book is available in the counseling department.
- Tiger Paws are now on sale. Come get yours in Mrs. Petrie-Bullock’s room (421) or you can buy one at any of the games.
- Calling all Track athletes!! There will be an organizational meeting this Thursday after school at 3:10 pm in the cafeteria. See you there!!
- Boys open gym soccer will start Tuesday’s and Thursday’s at 6:45 to 7:30 for lifting and play for 7:30 to 9.
- There will be Study Hall for all Sports and Activities on Mondays from 2:30 to 3:20. See your Coach for a place.