Announcements for March 29, 2017
Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Popcorn Chicken Bowl, Cheeseburger, Chef Salad, Fresh Wrap or PB & J
ACT Word of the Day
maudlin (adj.): self-pityingly or tearfully sentimental, often through drunkenness
Upon being dumped by his girlfriend, Jason started to act in a maudlin behavior that annoyed everyone.
- Students who are bringing a date to the Jr. Prom, who are not an RSHS student, need to get a dance pass from the main office and it must be turned in by TODAY.
- The Theater Department is presenting Big Fish – The Musical. The play starts March 30th, 31st, April 6th, & 7th at 7 pm and April 1st at 2 pm. Tickets are $5 and are available from any cast member or in the theater. Please come and enjoy this wonderful show at the best price for any entertainment in the area!
- Camp F.E.A.T. applications are now in the office or in the counselor’s office. Please turn them into Officer Medler. Deadline is April 21, 2017.
- University of Wyoming Minority higher education day is Friday, April 28th in Laramie. See Ms. Margrave in room #437 for more info.
Prom tickets will be available during lunches today! Junior and Seniors only! The price is $12 for singles or $20 for couples.Graduation announcement delivery and make up day!
- The theme for the student faculty game has changed. It is now Luau!
We are reaching out to you to let you know of some recent changes with our check in and check out procedures. You must Check out on the front desk computer or your absence will not be counted or excused!
- FCA (Fellow of Christian Athletes) will be meeting every Wednesday morning from 7:00 am to 7:35 in the pool mezzanine area. Please come join us!
You only have a short time left to buy a yearbook!! Get your yearbook pre –ordered now…. last day to pre-order at the cost of $65 is Monday, April 4th . There will be a limited amount of extra yearbooks ordered for purchase at an increased price, but they will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Guarantee your yearbook by stopping by Room 305 today!
- SENIORS!!! Photos for the special graduation edition of the newspaper are due Monday, April 3rd, 2017. If you would like to use a different photo from the one you used in the yearbook, please send an ELECTRONIC COPY of your picture to Ms. Beitel (email@example.com). THIS DEADLINE IS THE PAPER’S, NOT OURS SO ANYTHING TURNED IN LATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please see Ms. Beitel in Room 305 for questions, or bring an ELECTRONIC copy of your photo to her there
- A representative from Colorado Northwestern Community College will be in the Counseling office on Thursday, March 30 during CCR. Please plan to come speak with her if you are looking for other options to further your education. See your counselor of record for additional information.
- Did you attend the workshops at WWCC learning to write a resume`? Did you learn how to dress for interviews? Are you ready for your next interview? Come fine out and put your new skills to the test. Attend the Career and Transfer Fair to be held at WWCC on Wednesday, March 29 from 10 to 2 in the Atrium. See your counselor of record of record if you need additional info.
The White Mountain Lions Scholarship is now available to RSHS seniors. The application is available in the scholarship carousel. Deadline is: March 27, 2017
- Seniors: The following scholarships are now available. If you are interested, please see the scholarship rack outside the counseling center:
Montana State Non-Resident Scholarship
Latino Heritage Scholarship: Due Date Varies
MSPSI Scholarship: Due April 1, 2017
*NEW* Jeane Darling Taylor Scholarship: Due April 1, 2017
*NEW* Scott Hodson Feller Memorial Scholarship: Due April 1, 2017
Adeline Neilson Scholarship Foundation: Due Apr 8, 2017
Glen Legler Memorial Scholarship: Due May 15, 2017
It is very important for Seniors planning on continuing your education to check the racks outside of the counseling center for new scholarships on a weekly basis! Any questions? See your counselor!
- Attentions Students: Do you want to play Chess, Checkers or Hacky Sac and listen to music? Stop by room 447, Ms. Nutt’s room for some intramural fun on Thursdays after school.
- There will be Study Hall for all Sports and Activities on Mondays from 2:30 to 3:20. See your Coach for a place.
- The After School Program will be every Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday until May from 3 to 4:45.