Announcements for October 18, 2018
Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Tyson Chicken Nuggets, Pizza, Fresh Sub Station or a PB & J
ACT Word of the Day
laconic (adj.): brief and to the point; without many words
To save valuable time, give me a laconic explanation of what happened.
- Seniors: Here are a few dates that you need to take notes from! Senior Photos and quotes are due Jan. 18th, 2919, Please do not give your pics to yearbook students. Give them to Ms. Beitel. Senior Baby ads are due March 1st. Senior Photo for the Rocket Miner is due March 22nd.
The final day to order yearbooks will be April 13th!
- Seniors are you looking for $ to help pay for college? If so, drop by the counseling office for a Scholarship Search and Coffee/Hot Chocolate Bar on TODAY, October 18th between 7:05 and 9:15 a.m. You will be able to register with online scholarship searches, get scholarship application tips, learn what to include in a “stand-out” scholarship essay and get resume resources for college admissions and scholarship applications. We hope to see you there!
- SENIORS: There will be a representative in the Counseling Office on Wednesday, October 24 from 10 am – 12 pm to answer your questions about the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aide). Ms. Taylor and her staff will also be here Wednesday, October 24 from 6 – 8 pm in the ALC to help you and your parents fill out your FAFSA. You will need to bring your parent’s 2017 tax returns, 2017 W2’s, social security numbers and birthdates. Please make plans to join us then!
- The application process is now open for the University of Wyoming’s Trustees’ Scholars Award. This is UW’s premier scholarship for the best and brightest Wyoming high school seniors. If interested in this scholarship opportunity, students must submit their UW application, and all official transcripts and test scores no later than December 1, 2018 to UW Admissions. Students who receive the Trustees’ Scholars Award will have a four-year scholarship for tuition, mandatory fees, university room and board (room and board will be covered for years two – four providing student resides in University housing and utilizes a meal plan). If this scholarship is one for which you are interested applying, please stop by the counseling office for an information sheet.
- Horatio Alger Scholarship application information is available to interested students. Students can receive up to $25,000 for college. If integrity, determination and courage describe you then you have what it takes to be a Horatio Alger Scholar. Stop by the Counseling Office and pick up an information sheet today. Application deadline: October 25, 2018
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Program Scholarship application information is available to interested students. Scholarship amounts vary. If you have made meaningful contributions to your community through volunteer service then you may be interested in this scholarship. Stop by the Counseling Office and pick up an information sheet today. Application deadline: November 6, 2018
The application process is now open for the WACE National Co-Op Scholarship Program. To qualify for this scholarship, students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale), apply for admission for the 2019-2020 academic year at the institutions selected on the scholarship application, and meet other merit scholarship criteria established by the institution selected on the the scholarship application, and meet other merit scholarship criteria established by the institution selected on the application. The WACE National Co-Op Scholarship Program partners with the following institutions Clarkson University, Drexel University, Johnson & Wales University, Merrimack College, Rochester Institute of Technology, State University of New York OSWEGO, University of Toledo, University of Cincinnati and Wentworth Institute. If you are applying to any of these schools and are interested in applying for this scholarship program, please stop by the Counseling Office to pick up an informational sheet. Scholarship Deadline: February 15, 2019.
- There will be Study Hall for all sports and activities. See your Coach for a time and place.