Announcements for October 19, 2017
Good Morning, Rock Springs High School!
Garlic Pizza Ripper or a Hamburger Patty
ACT Word of the Day
decry (v.): to publicly condemn or criticize
People who prefer physical newspapers decry the high-tech advances that have put many traditional newspaper publishers out of business.
- Challenge Course students need to go to the bus immediately for 5th and 6th periods today!
- Students: The office can not keep up with the demand for change. Please plan ahead and make change at your bank before you need it at school. The only change we can make will be for fines.
- Donate leashes, collars, and toys for the Red Desert Humane Society. Boxes will be in Mrs. Rubich’s room(325) or in the main hall.
- Students that want to wear a hat in class and in hallways…now can! All you have to do is pay a dollar at the front desk from 7 to 7:45. All profits will go to the American Heart Association.
- Yearbooks are on sale now!! Pre-order yours to guarantee you don’t miss out on the memories. Yearbooks are on sale for $65. See Ms. Beitel in room 305, or if you go to jostens.com/yearbooks, you can pay with a credit card and receive free personalization. Prices will go up December 1st, so pre-order yours now!!
- Seniors!! Senior pictures and Quotes are due for the yearbook Friday, January 19th, 2018. Please submit an electronic copy of your photo to Ms. Beitel in room 305 by this date. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!. If you are emailing your photo, please include student’s first & last name & “senior photo” in the subject line of the email. If we do not receive a student’s portrait, we will use your student ID photo. Yearbook staff reserves the right to deny a quote or picture. Please limit quotes to one or two short sentences. Senior baby ads are available for purchase in the yearbook now!! Senior baby ads are $50. Please go to jostens.com/yearbooks, search Rock Springs High School, select “Order a Student Ad”. Upload pictures and design your ad for your senior. All Senior baby ads are on quarter of a page and in full color. Please contact Ms. Beitel with questions.
- We are reaching out to you to let you know of some recent changes with our check in and check out procedures. You must Check out on the front desk computer or your absence will not be counted! If you leave the building without a call in from a parent during school hours you will be ticketed for daytime curfew violation.
- Colorado Mountain College will be here at RSHS TODAY, October 19th at 10:30 a.m. in the counseling center.
Seniors: Check for available scholarships on the rack in front of the counselors office and also with Mrs. McFarlane daily as new scholarships pop up everyday and most of them have deadlines to pay attention to.
Horatio Alger Association
This is a scholarship that the student must show critical financial need of $55, 000 or lower adjusted gross family income. The recipient of this scholarship will exhibit integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. The scholarship is awarded yearly and can range from $6000 to $25,000.
|October 25, 2017|
Montana State University
|Information packets available in folder on the carrousel|
National Co-Op Scholarship
Co-Op Scholarships are for nine specific institutions. Please see the brochure in the counseling office.
|February 15, 2018|
College of New Jersey
|Out of State Applications Waivers available|
University of Dayton Leadership in Service Scholarship
Wells Fargo Five Steps For Paying for College: Book is available in the counseling department.
Tiger Paws are now on Sale. Come get yours in Mrs. Petrie-Bullock’s room (421) or you can buy one at the game today.
- There will be Study Hall for all Sports and Activities on Mondays from 2:30 to 3:20. See your Coach for a place.